#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I remember when Sam's book first came out, Solidarity sponsored a panel on
the book with him and Dave Finkel, editor of Against the Current. I
assumed, as they both came out of the same Shachtmanite tradition broadly
speaking, that they'd be on the same wavelength. In fact the most memorable
part of the event for me was when Dave said quite firmly, in response to
Farber's criticism of Bolshevik measures, that they had no choice in the
face of intervention, starvation, destruction of the economy and decimation
of the working class.