#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Hi folks,

this week I'm not going to say much about stuff we've stuck up on the blog
in the past week.  Instead, I'm going to concentrate on some important
articles about NZ working class history that we've put on the blog since we
began back in 2011.

*This month marks the 65th anniversary of the wharfies' return to work in
1951, so let's start with our material on 1951.*

Interview with 1951 wharfies' leader Jock Barnes (conducted in 1991 by one
of our blog collective, Daphna Whitmore):
Part One: https://rdln.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/jock-barnes/
Part Two:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2011/06/19/interview-with-jock-barnes-part-2/

And our major feature article on the background to the 1951 dispute:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2012/11/23/behind-the-1951-waterfront-lockout/

*In terms of workers involved, 1913 was the biggest industrial dispute in
NZ history*.
Check out:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2013/01/14/the-1913-general-strike-relevant-to-us-in-2013/

*Some recent issues:*

Low pay, longer hours and less social mobility - welcome to 21st century NZ
capitalism:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2012/02/08/low-pay-longer-hours-and-less-social-mobility/

Pay and income gaps continue to widen - but where's the opposition?:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2012/08/24/3215/

Ways to wreck the teabreak-busting bill:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2014/10/29/ways-to-wreck-the-teabreak-busting-bill/

A strange paradox - can NZ workers really be happy with this crap?:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2013/12/20/a-strange-paradox-how-can-nz-workers-be-happy-with-this-crap/

Meatworkers battle with Talleys - important for all workers:
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/11/05/meatworkers-battle-with-talleys-important-for-all-workers/

*And check out our articles on the Ports of Auckland dispute:*
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2012/03/19/redline-coverage-of-the-waterfront-dispute/

*And our selection of articles on the firefighters: *
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/firefighters-coverage-on-redline/

*Lastly, we must never forget Pike River.  Here's our collection of
articles on what was really the killing of 29 workers:*
https://rdln.wordpress.com/2015/11/18/never-forget-pike-river-the-lessons-we-need-to-draw/

Please circulate this email to anyone you think might be interested in
these articles.

In solidarity,
Philip Ferguson
for the Redline blog collective