#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Louis Proyect review of Free State of Jones: http://portside.org/2016-07-02/free-state-jones. Thanks. One more bit of information I have not seen anywhere: in 1946, when the CIO Woodworkers Union was organizing in Mississippi, among the most active of the organizers were descendants of Newt and his band. I have seen that nowhere; even Victoria didn't mention it. I learned it from Ken Lawrence, who learned it from local people. That would have made a better epilogue than the Davis case.