#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Both Louis and Jeffrey have raised examples of presidential politicians who
they think as racist as Trump.

Louis went back 50 years and named Goldwater because the Klan endorsed him
- although he strongly rejected their endorsement,

Jeffrey went back 100 years and named Wilson because he showed Birth of a
Nation in the WH, although he later said he regret it had been made.

Here are a few choice examples of racist statement from Donald Trump:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not
sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re
bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring
crime. They’re rapists… And some, I assume, are good people.”

“Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact
on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.”

“‘Laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that.”

“A well-educated black has a tremendous advantage over a well-educated
white in terms of the job market.”

“Who the f knows? I mean, really, who knows how much the Japs will pay for
Manhattan property these days?”

My challenge to Louis and Jeffrey is to provide comparable statements from
Wilson and Goldwater or Clinton for that matter.

And before you respond that these words don't matter, its a question of
policy, remember that you are speaking for yourself and not the millions of
non-whites these statements are directed at.

You need to explain to them why they shouldn't care if Trump or Clinton is
the next president. Never mind convincing me, you're right you won't.

But I hope you are giving some serious thought to how you can win the
non-white masses to your position. Those are the arguments you need to make
here and if you think your comparisons to Goldwater and Wilson will ease
their fears and cause them to see the correctness of the white progressives
that are telling them not to mind if Trump is our next president and vote
for Stein, you are wrong.

So let's see those quotes from Wilson & Goldwater.  That shouldn't be so
hard, after all 50, 100 year ago the GOP leadership welcomed klan support
even if Goldwater didn't.

Clay Claiborne, Director
Linux Beach Productions
Venice, CA 90291