#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Some of this is true, but the blame here goes to the idiot/creep/lowlife
like Derek Ion who "managed" the space. Not having access to affordable
housing doesn't excuse negligence and dicks like Derek try to line their
pockets, however small the sums they skim. I've been in the bay area for 28
years and travel in the same circles as many of these folks and there are
always scumballs looking to take advantage of others in the name of "art."
The worst part is that other artists and collectives who do try to make
their spaces safe and don't act like fucked up new age gurus are going to
be the ones taking the brunt of this as it is characterized as a "rave" or
some other such nonsense. Many of these art collectives are part of the
gentrification process as early adopters and pave the way for others by
"transforming" so-called "bad" neighborhoods into "safe" ones, which of
course means white.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 4:39 AM, Louis Proyect via Marxism <

--

J.A. Masko
College of Communications

  "The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without
becoming disillusioned."

           Antonio Gramsci.