#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 1/16/17 8:06 PM, Chris Slee via Marxism wrote

The latest article on Syria by Tony Iltis:

https://www.greenleft.org.au/content/syria-new-talks-amid-shifting-alliances

Tony has the same indifference to backing up his assertions with references as Yassamine Mather: "The Syrian conflict became a magnet for Islamist extremists worldwide: veterans of other conflicts were joined by alienated youth from the West."

Really? Except for ISIS and al-Nusra to a much smaller extent, this is not true. I say this because I answered the same charge a couple of weeks ago by someone else.

It is really not that hard to do. This thing called Google works really well. You do a search on "Syria" and "foreign fighters" and you can see for yourself. I understand that the Greenleft is not the New Yorker Magazine with a staff of fact-checkers but Tony could have fact-checked himself. Of course, given that Tony is into smearing everybody in Syria except the PYD, I can understand why he didn't.