#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Paul Flewers and John McIlroy's labours will make The Reasoner much more
accessible to students and scholars curious about the ur-text of the British
New Left. Back in 2005 I studied John Saville's papers at the University of
Hull's Brynmor Jones library and realised what a struggle was involved in the
production of The Reasoner. The correspondence between poor old Saville and the
explosive Thompson when they were working on The Reasoner and The New Reasoner
is hilarious, and I tied to put as much of its as I could into my book on
Thompson, The Crisis of Theory (there's an example on my blog:
http://readingthemaps.blogspot.co.nz/2008/04/for-christs-sake-let-us-have-something.html)
Folks may already know this, but the New Reasoner, which was an infinitely more
handsome publication than its laboriously cyclostyled predecessor, is online
at: http://banmarchive.org.uk/collections/nr/index_frame.htm