#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Amidst the near-ceaseless upheaval that has characterized the first two months of the Trump administration, the term “resistance” has acquired seemingly unprecedented currency within the American political lexicon. The rhetoric of resistance has migrated far and wide from its more traditional, humble sphere of grassroots organizing against war and capitalist mayhem, infiltrating even the conservative editorials printed in such powerful opinion-making organs as The New York Times. A strange, ironic conjuncture has seen the unsexy power of the powerless refashioned into resistance chic. This rapid, unforeseen mutation in the class character of “resistance” leaves little doubt that some bullshit is afoot. We would thus be remiss not to ask: how exactly did we get here?

full: http://www.thenorthstar.info/?p=13232