#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I have just been on the phone to an old friend and he informed me of the
Trump air strike. It is early to try and work out what that is all about.
I personally think that it was primarily aimed at China and Trump's
deteriorating domestic situation.  I always feared that Trump would get a
9/11 to bail him out of trouble.  That has nto happened yet, but he may
have invented his own crisis.

I suspect the Chinese are frightened by Trump - frightened by his
irrationality.  His corruption of course would be welcome to the Chinese
oligarchy and they would be very comfortable with it.  But they are dealing
with a creature whose grip on sanity never mind power is very unstable.
Trump could miscalculate.  He could make a mistake & then we would all be
in trouble.

comradely

Gary