#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

I recently joined DSA.  We do not need a "French Turn"  That was a sectarian
destructive tactic that resulted in

only harming any needed effort for a large united left. This is an example of
bad education promoted in the US SWP

to justify their wrong approach that we often see being done by other more
recent groups such as the U. S. Sparticist League.

They oppose all other independent actions and movements - and counterpose their
group as the only real choice. They remind

me of religious fanatics and not caring about our class but looking down with
arrogance against all "not as aware as them".

Leon Trotsky was wrong in advocating a split, as he was on some other things,
such as how he handled the awful murderous Stalin.

How did the workers in France, the United States or elsewhere benefit with
these weakened social democrat groups facing the fascists?

Placing "the party" over the interests of the working class, is just bad
politics for some ego insecurity to show "superiority" and being

so "smart" over working and building an effective left. Being isolated, "pure"
and correct, is not what is needed.

After decades of "party building" since the failed 1970's - can we not learn
that what must be done - is to build and educate - and

not just be arrogant and religious in approach - to show how knowledgeable we
are.  You can stay in your little isolated and ineffective

vanguard parties that repeat the same mistakes, or learn we need a very
different and better model and how to be effective for our

class and not just personal ego needs.

Help build a broad united effective left - and help share your knowledge and
join with new and old comrades to create a better DSA.

To not be effective and isolated only benefits our class enemies.  Helping our
class helps each other, whatever tactical differences that

we have.  We just do not have the time to wait for something better.  The
capitalists and other fascist elements are not waiting but

carrying out exploitation and harm to our planet and all life on it.