#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

My quibble with the sub- characterization of the BRICs is that it implies
they act on behalf of one or another major or full-fledged imperialist
power, whereas they are mainly acting out of their own self-interest,
albeit in contexts where they are not the strongest powers. Who, for
example, would Russia be “subbing” for in Syria? Who is China or South
Africa subbing for in Africa?