#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

One of the arguments around guns is offered by the NRA (and perhaps others).
They say without gun rights we are prey to losing our rights in general.

What is the actual experience?  Black civil rights and voting rights were won
(to the extent that they were won) mostly with out guns.
Gay rights won were won without guns.

Or take a negative example where rights were lost.  Would Japanese people in
the  US and Canada have been better able to defend their rights in World War II
if they had a higher instance of gun ownership?

                ken h