#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Louis Proyect says:

"I don't see how anybody in their right mind would find William Blum
credible at this point. In fact, I am disappointed that CounterPunch
would publish his crap."

I am not familiar with the writings of William Blum.  I just quoted his
statement  - "Even if you assumed that all the charges made about “Russian
interfering in the elections” were true, and put them all together, they still
wouldn’t have a fraction of the impact on the 2016 elections as did Republicans
in several states by disenfranchising likely Democratic voters (blacks, poor,
students, people in largely Democratic districts), by purging state voting
lists" - because it seemed relevant to my argument ("All this talk about
Russian interference in the election is a distraction.  It diverts attention,
not only from the shortcomings of Hillary Clinton and the Democrats, but also
from the undemocratic nature of the US political system").

Is Blum's claim about Republicans "disenfranchising likely Democratic voters"
correct?  If so, I think it should be given more attention than claims of
Russian influence.

Chris Slee