#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Auden was a centennial scholar at Swarthmore the year I graduated ---
supposedly, he had been a "visitor" there back in the 40s and had made
quite an impression.  An English Professor at the time (1963 maybe), gave a
lecture entitled Auden at Swarthmore -- aside from being a great poet (I
liked "Musee des Beaux Artes" myself) he seemed like a heluva character!

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 3:10 PM Louis Proyect via Marxism <