#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Your observation about state sectors in capitalist economies is very appropriate. It is a bit funny in my opinion that various pro-China "Marxists" defend their view by referring to China's significant state sector (State-Owned Enterprises - SOE). They seem not to have heard about Lenin's category of "state-monopoly capitalism" but rather imagine that capitalism can only exist as neoliberal.

I had a correspondence today with a Russian comrade who correctly pointed out that not only China but also Russia has a sizeable state sector. He agreed that these are - both in China and Russia - state-capitalist corporations. This is why the imperialist Forbes and others list so many Chinese SOE in their top ranks. Furthermore, let us not forget that even on a formal level the SOE constitute only a minority of China's GDP and industry output.

China's capitalist character is proven, among others, by its declining share of wages and the rising share of profit (and income inequality in general). Comrades might be interested in the following pamphlets which deal with these issues:

https://www.thecommunists.net/theory/china-india-rivalry/ (Chapter III and IV)

https://www.thecommunists.net/theory/the-catastrophic-failure-of-the-theory-of-catastrophism/ (Part 4)