#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

>From his son, Peter Salter on Facebook:

The strongest man I ever knew died today, in his home, and in the care and
companionship of the family he helped create.

John R. Salter Jr., later known as John Gray, left a permanent mark on this
world as a labor organizer, Civil Rights leader, author, college professor,
father, grandfather, great-grandfather. He liked to say he was an agitator, but
he was really a helper and a solver. He could not stomach injustice, and the
bigger the wrong, the fiercer the foe, the better.
Our father held on longer than anyone expected, but that was within in his
character. Like everything else in his life, he was going to do this on his own
terms.

He is already missed and mourned, but we know he will always be near, and his
legacy will live on."

Jim Farmelant
http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant
http://www.foxymath.com