#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

After Sebastian Budgen posted a link to an article about how close Spiked online people were to Boris Johnson, even becoming part of his new administration, I commented that I wondered what James Heartfield thought about that. I always thought of him as a Marxist holdout in this libertarian cult, even if his Marxism was problematic to say the least. He was a subscriber to the Marxism list that preceded this one, maybe even this one early on. Most of his posts were in defense of nuclear power and other typical Spiked talking points but he has written a very good book on WWII and was at least consistent with the old-line version of Marxism that the RCP defended in the early 90s, for what that's worth (not very much.)

It turns out that he has degenerated just like the rest of the lot. I just discovered that he was a candidate of Nigel Farage's Brexit Party. Look at the company he kept.

https://medium.com/@SJHolloway/this-is-everything-i-discovered-about-all-of-the-brexit-party-mep-candidates-2a59f8f850c5