#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

New online magazine:

"Lausan 流傘 is a collective of writers, researchers, activists and artists from
Hong Kong and its diasporas, engaging with the city’s political struggle.
Through translation, creation, and education, Lausan 流傘 aims to build
solidarity on the international left with Hong Kongers’ unfinished fight to
imagine emancipatory futures after colonialism, against both Chinese and
Western imperialism.

"‘San’ 傘 is the character for umbrella, referencing our critical engagement
with Hong Kong’s ongoing movements for self-determination, including the 2014
Umbrella Movement. 流傘 is also a homophone of 流散 (diaspora/dispersal), which
speaks to our location across the Hong Kong diaspora and our ambition to
connect Hong Kongers’ struggles against capital, colonialism, and state power
with unfolding histories of resistance around the world.

"We are 100% independent and volunteer-run."

Homepage: https://lausan.hk/