#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

There was an error in my article entitled:  "Sri Lanka: Sinhalese chauvinist
wins presidential election, Tamils fear reprisals".

https://www.greenleft.org.au/content/sri-lanka-sinhalese-chauvinist-wins-presidential-election-tamils-fear-reprisals

The article originally said:

"Gotabaya Rajapaksa, regarded by many Tamils as a war criminal, won the Sri
Lankan presidential election on November 16 with 52.3% of the vote. His main
rival, Sajith Premadasa, received 47%. There were 35 candidates."

Actually the vote for Premadasa was 42% (not 47%).

This has now been corrected in the online version.  Of course it is too late to
correct the print version.

In my original article the vote totals for the candidates exceeded 100 percent.
 The fact that nobody questioned this is a bit disturbing.  Does it show a
problem with innumeracy on the left?

 Chris Slee