#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Certainly understand the feelings around Levering Lewis. However, in
defense of the authors, Horne wrote an important monograph in 1985, several
years before LL, about the Cold War persecution of Du Bois titled "Black
and Red: W. E. B. Du Bois and the Afro-American Response to the Cold War,
1944-1963." While I have admittedly not read LL's work, my impression is
that there is a certain anti-Communist in places, though I might be
incorrect.
--
Best regards,

Andrew Stewart