#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 5/26/20 1:21 PM, Louis Proyect via Marxism wrote:

Although the two films under consideration here are obviously not political, I am taking the trouble to review them out of solidarity with an industry that it on the ropes, just like restaurants, health clubs and beauty salons. Since the movie industry is so gargantuan, you might ask why I am bothering. It is because the two films are very smart, indie films that probably cost $5 million each to make. Originally intended for theatrical release, they are part of the “virtual cinema” offerings I am covering until the pandemic winds down.

Just heard from the publicist that there's a review embargo on "Becky". Will put the review back up on June 1 with a reminder.