#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Louis Proyect wrote

(The Gray Lady airs its dirty laundry.)

NY Times, June 5, 2020 New York Times Says Senator’s Op-Ed Did Not Meet Standards By Marc Tracy, Rachel Abrams and Edmund Lee

Executives at The New York Times scrambled on Thursday to address the concerns of employees and readers who were angered by the newspaper’s publication of an opinion essay by a United States senator calling for the federal government to send the military to suppress protests against police violence in American cities.

How hokie can you get. All this scrambling around about the "policy" at a  180-year old newspaper, as if they just discovered, my god, that IS a problem. We'll have to confer about that. New policies, Yeah.

Maybe they're mollifying their middle-upper class readers with this. But when is the last time they published even someone so relatively reticent to call for the system's complete overturn as Noam Chomsky?