#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 7/9/20 1:39 PM, Michael Meeropol wrote:
So the reason this letter is no good is because it was signed by J.K. Rowling and doesn't mention the fight for LGBTQ rights?

Jesus Christ, Michael, what in the hell is the letter trying to remediate? Why don't you tell me which bad behavior it is meant to overcome? Transgender people and their supporters writing nasty Tweets to Rowling? What exactly is it that you think we need to fight against? Social media is the weapon of the weaponless. These people like Nick Lemann, Dean Emeritus of the Columbia Journalism School, can't get over the fact that anybody with a computer and an Internet connection can raise all sorts of hell. They remind me of the Vatican getting riled up over Gutenberg's printing press that would allow the commoners to compose a pamphlet that reflected their own needs, both religious and material.