Exactly.

It's been a while since I saw the Jackson documentary, which they've
recently rebroadcast.  My recollection is that it was simply the same
old hero narrative of Andrew Jackson As Democratic Military Leader.

In deference to the fact that it was all done after 1950, they
peppered it with periodic side comments by some Indians, blacks and a
few historians that actually represented the mainstream of historical
thinking.

These indicated that Old Hickory may have needed a racial sensitivity
workshop....

...and that he sometimes did not find the proper constitutional or
legal fig leaf to cover his desires on matters of real estate.

Jackson was lionized by the Democratic Party as their founder (or a
co-founder with Thomas Jefferson), and one would think that this would
cause them some problems in later years.  Rather like Lincoln and the
Republicans, though that in a very different sense.

When you're asked to comment for these sorts of documentaries, you
have to take the opportunity, just in the hope that something of
substance might make it through....

ML