I'm more optimistic than the article and I agree that if the popular
movement pressures the right-wing of the PSUV to build, genuine structural
changes, that we are looking at something more than caudilloism.I have hope
that this can happen, but the article is important since it reminds us that
the Chavez's regime is part "crony capitalism" with a segment of
the indigenous bourgeoisie and military elites benefiting greatly.  It also
exposes the "250,000 new cooperatives" claim.