Tom Cod wrote:
> You're kidding, who could forget Dick Nixon?

I'm afraid that a very Americo-centric statement - perhaps even
generational even in the US. There are many people in Europe and
elsewhere who have no idea who Richard Nixon was. Outside Britain most
people don't even know who Margaret Thatcher was and Ronald Reagan is
remembered an old film star at best.

Do many Americans remember who was President of France, Chancellor of
Germany or Prime Minister of Britain in 1968 - not to mention who was
president of South Vietnam or prime minister of Israel or even prime
minister of Canada or President of Mexico?

George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, somebody called Roosevelt who
apparently was president early in the century and again in the 1930s and
during World War II and Kennedy - plus Clinton and Bush who are
contemporary politicians - are the only American presidents most people
remember.

Einde O'Callaghan