Ahem.

I am not a member of Zyuganov´s party, nor a defender of Zyuganov´s line.

But (I asume Thomas C. is American) the fate of the Lenin mummy, or of
the Mausoleum itself is as meaningful to Russian politics as the fate
of the Lincoln Memorial is to USAmericans. The day a debate arises on
whether Lincoln should have a memorial or not, that day, dear cde.
Thomas C., you will safely say that the USofAm have turned Fascist (in
the technical sense of the word).

The question with Russia´s "hypercapitalist, ultra-reactionary,
authoritarian police state" does not lie in whether it is
hypercapitalist or not. It lies in whether it helps the Russian people
to keep their country safe of imperialist aggression from abroad
(particularly from the USofAmerica) or not. This defensive reflex is
all that was left of the Russian Revolution of 1917. And, believe it
or not, like it or not (and I particularly dislike any cult of the
dead), the destiny of Lenin´s mummy is intertwined with this issue.

--

Néstor Gorojovsky
El texto principal de este correo puede no ser de mi autoría