In a message dated 9/3/2009 9:15:45 P.M. Pacific Daylight  Time,
schaf...@optonline.net writes:

"i don't want to spend my time picking through marxmail posts  looking for
interesting discussions. i do want to spend time picking  through
interesting discussions finding pointers to more in-depth  articles."

FWIW, I'm with Les  on this issue.  We all know where to find news on the
net, and  there's already so much to try to keep up with on this list, that I
think it  would be helpful to post only enough of the article to give us
the  gist, and to encourage us to read it (along with the URL, of  course).

OTOH, I don't know  much about slow connections and bandwidth issues, so
I'm in favor of the  greater good.

It's just that what  I find most interesting here are the unvarnished
opinions of my comrades,  rather than the polished reports of professional
journalists.