http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_calendars

Sorry to drop a "wiki" link but I'm not sure of how many people are aware of
these things. Sometime in 2012 one among these many, many calendars resets
according to massive, billion year long, astronomical cycle or something. Its
even caused some cultish apocalyptics I've had the misfortune to come across
foretelling of special "events" occuring on that date. If someone could
elaborate on the psychology of apocalyptics here that would be great. The truth
is my brother flirts with, I should say interns with, this crap website cum
entrepreneurial group run from NYC called

http://www.realitysandwich.com/

I call them the Ginsbergian left, or the "spirituals" blurring into the left.
Still basically a capitalist enterprise though.

The very best,
Max Clark

p.s. I can't bring myself to read the above linked website very much. Is it as
crap as I think?