Shane (and Nestor),
I wasn't talking about 1945. I was talking about 1942, 43 and 44. US
involvement (or anyones involvement) wasn't a mechanical placement of
troops or "reoccupation". "No US Aid to the Philippines" (no one raised
this in any event, it would of been stupid) I asked because the US was
involved every minute, including with those same Huk communist
guerrillas and the larger nationalist movement against the Japanese
occupation. US was engaged in active support or the armed struggle
against the Japanese in the Philippines from logistics, to special
operations, to supplies, etc etc...all part, and parcel, of the US
imperialist war effort in the Philippines.  From the UK supplying arms
to Yugoslav partisans to complete integration of western Europe's
resistances movements with Allied military maneuvers; to the support to
the USSR by the Allies.

My question has to do with how, why or where one separates these
movements, reflecting European opposition to everything Nazi, is
*politically* part of the overall Allied military efforts. When Marxists
say "No to the Imperialist War" I wonder, and have always wondered, what
this means concretely? Or is it simply revolutionary hyperbole with
absolutely no on the ground meaning vis-a-vis allied *imperialist* aid
to resistance movements, troop landings, etc? I think it's very, very
complex question.

David