I put out a car's window once with a tire iron for the same reason.
Strangely enough the moment the window was shattered the alarm
stopped.
When it happens at work I plaster the windshield with stickers saying
"Fix your alarm, jerk!" It's a blast watching the owner spend 15
minutes removing them all.
Good luck, comrade!