On an Africa trip last month, Clinton met with women and girls
raped and otherwise abused by soldiers and irregular forces in
the conflict in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of the
Congo, the DRC.
http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-09-25-voa35.cfm

Rape is part of war.
Until that gets confronted women can not expect understanding
from most men.
Polanski was 44 at the time. even if the 14 year old  has grown up
and "forgives him" he still carried out brutality against a very
young female..
This Polanski case has similarity to the Phillip Garrido case. On
the latter there seems to be,
at least, some societal concern.
Maybe if Polanski had stayed and accepted justice the Phillip
Garridos of the world would not have felt enabled.
====
Kathleen de la Peña McCook
http://librarian.lishost.org/

http://librarian.lishost.org/