From: "Pat Costello" <pt_coste...@yahoo.com>

> I would have thought that indignation over the rape of a child would not
> be debatable. Racist attacks, rape, police brutality....these are merely
> academic discussion for many on this list.

Total and utter bullshit. Just that some (I would hope most, in terms of how
I understand Marxism) think rational responses are more valuable than mere
indignation.

You could say exactly the same thing as you do about the murder of a child,
in the case of, say, a debate about capital punishment. The tabloids and the
right wing media will often respond exactly as you do in such situations,
using emotive rhetoric to try and shut down debate on the subject.

Solidarity,
Ian