From: "Lüko Willms" <lueko.wil...@t-online.de>
To: "David Schanoes" <sartes...@earthlink.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:29 AM
Subject: [Marxism] Imperialist control of world petroleum and imperialism
assuch (was: The real issue in the Polanski arrest)

S. Artesian (sartes...@earthlink.net) wrote on 2009-10-13 at 08:02:09 in
about Re: [Marxism] The real issue in the Polanski arrest:

> My invention?  Here's what you wrote--
>
> "One should remember also that both Iran and Venezuela were among the
> five founding members of OPEC [Organization of Petroleum Exporting
> Countries] in 1960, the cartel of "Third World" countries trying to break
> the control of the "Seven Sisters", i.e. the oil trusts of imperialist
> countries, over the world petroleum market."

  which does not amount to "break the power of imperialism".

  I consciously made a distinction, and you lump it all together. The truth
is
concrete, and the world is not a binary either-or in black and white.

Cheers,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany
visit http://www.mlwerke.de Marx, Engels, Luxemburg, Lenin, Trotzki in