What makes it clear for me that animal liberation is un-marxist is how the
approaches these people take to the question are completely moralistic and
not based on materialism. So for instance I'm sympathetic to arguments about
how conditions of life for farm animals lead to actual dangers for people,
like the way they are so close they end up needing antibiotics all the time,
etc. But a moralistic appeal to animal rights(where do rights come from?)
seems outside our tradition to me.

--David.