The movie They Live! is one of the great movies of all time. The review
is very accurate but it's very good on several levels, not just as
social commentary. It's a pretty good science-fiction movie as well.
Given the start, Roddy Piper, was a former professional wrestler (albeit
one of the smaller ones in that venue) it contained probably the best
fight scene ever in a movie, and today, stands as the *longest* fight
scene between two people in any movie. Just a fist fight, nothing fancy.
Beats out anything, I might add, in Fight Club, another great movie.

I happened know that this movie made the Reagan-fertilized
Neo-conservatives in the DC Beltway absolutely fume. They knew *exactly*
who this movie was aimed at and why. They really detested it. If you can
get it on DVD by all means, do so. Have fun, because that's the kind of
movie it is. Proletarian culture of the best kind, IMO.

David