The words that constantly come out of Chavez's mouth are reflective of a
hollow anti-imperialism and the fact that he and Morales are running
left-nationalist popular fronts.  I doubt a union of South American Soviets
were about to pop up before Chavez and co. came around---- so I'm not
attacking him or the PSUV, but I don't think anyone seriously thinks a new
international can be built around the Bolivarian "Revolution" and the
theoretical ruminations of Castro.  This time around it's just a farce.