Such targets have not been made. Greater use of the discount window, of
TALF, PPIP, TLGP, FNMA, FMAC have been attempted.  What has been the latest
call?  Exit strategy.

Again, when you say "this will not soon be understood as a crisis of
capitalism"  the questions:

1. not understood by whom?

 2.Is apprehension, comprehension the quality that determines, distinguishes
"crisis OF" from "crisis in"?   A man may not realize he is falling to his
death when he slips off the edge of a canyon.  Doesn't make the impact on
the canyon floor any less fatal.

 3.Not "soon" understood? What's the timetable?  A year plus into this and
Karl Marx's picture has been on the cover of the Economist, Capital hit the
best-seller lists, workers occupied factories in France, South Korea, the
US, governments in Europe have fallen, the govt. of the Ukraine has ignored
IMF mandates for receiving the next tranche of its loan,  Hungary's govt.
almost literally threw up its hands in despair and walked off the job.
Greece is on the verge of bankruptcy and has been told not to depend on the
ECB, while at the same time discontent, resistance among young, young and
unemployed grows daily.   So what's the timetable?  Doesn't Marx say
somewhere how bourgeois revolutions storm from success to success, but the
proletarian revolution moves slowly, interrupts itself, retreats, maybe even
disappears and then reappears?  Something like that, no?

4.What did you expect to happen?

5. What would have to happen for you to view this predicament as a crisis of
capitalism?.

6. None of the above means this is the final, ultimate, terminal, forever
crisis of capitalism.  Crisis after all is critical, necessary to its
reconstitution.  But as it is necessary, we know it when we see it, not when
others realize it..