At 12:27 PM -0500 1/4/10, Louis Proyect wrote:

>My problem is not with Mousavi, but with MRZine which clearly
>endorses the reformist politician's hostility toward extremism.

As usual our moderator, on this issue, has turned upside-down
political reality.  He does so chiefly through insinuation and
backhanded ridicule.

In June, MRZine was calling out the  Mousavi campaign for it's
blatant collaboration with the color revolution gang.  Yet, along
with the NY Times, those very people provided this listerv with most
of the news content on the subject.

Louis can't deny a major US role in Iran - a Rendon Group-esque
ratfucking apparatus using high-tech campaigning (I'll bet our
moderator is a Tweet-a-Holic on Iran) here, some terrorist allies
dropping bombs like Hiroshima over there, few riots in the streets
this way, and sprinkled all over the place are 'John Perkins'
characters, DynCorp players, and NEDers doing their thing.

So he ignores it.  Just like he ignores the US's relationship to the
stupid, infantile 'al-qaeda' fairy tale, which has served the ruling
class marvelously to ramp-up hysteria, bloodlust, and racism on cue.

Need a war with Yemen?  Get an 'al-qaeda' on it - they'll do the trick.

I have said over and over again that the political (and military)
assault on the social movement in Iran, such as it is, logically
follows from the nature of class relations there - which the radio
program 'Taking Aim' ably addressed in a series of radio programs
this summer.   Any oppression of these organizations must end.

And so must this 'al-Qaeda' silliness ... especially the
counter-productive acquiescence to it by those who know better.

The hosts of 'Taking Aim' recently continued their discussion with
Lynne Stewart's partner, Ralph Pointer:
http://takingaimradio.com/mp3/takingaim091222.mp3

In it, the host reminded the audience how on David Letterman John
Ashcroft announced his persecution of Lynne Stewart for the crime of
defending Sheikh Omar Abdel-Rahman during HIS political show-trial.

As we endure show-trial after show trial in the coming days, that's
worth considering.

Solidarity,
Shawn