Check this:

http://www.cepr.org/meets/wkcn/7/765/papers/Roland.pdf

Page 3:
We exploit a uniquely data-rich historical episode to estimate the impact of
war on long-run

economic performance, the U.S. bombing of Vietnam (what Vietnamese call "the
American War"). The

Indochina War, centered in Vietnam, was the most intense episode of aerial
bombing in human history:

"the United States Air Force dropped in Indochina, from 1964 to August 15,
1973, a total of 6,162,000

tons of bombs and other ordnance. U.S. Navy and Marine Corps aircraft
expended another 1,500,000 tons

in Southeast Asia. This tonnage far exceeded that expended in World War II
and in the Korean War. The

U.S. Air Force consumed 2,150,000 tons of munitions in World War II -
1,613,000 tons in the European

Theater and 537,000 tons in the Pacific Theater - and 454,000 tons in the
Korean War" (Clodfelter 1995).

Thus Vietnam War bombing represented at least three times as much (by
weight) as both European and

Pacific theater World War II bombing combined, and about thirteen times
total tonnage in the Korean

War. Given the prewar Vietnamese population of approximately 32 million,
U.S. bombing translates into

hundreds of kilograms of explosives per capita during the conflict.