On 2/20/10, Louis Proyect <l...@panix.com> wrote:

> Herman and his co-thinker David Peterson have their latest defense of
> Ahmadinejad on MRZine:
>
> They used to write their formulaic "analyses", plagiarized for the most
> part from the late Sam Marcy, on Znet but Michael Albert figured out
> that he doesn't need people getting so pissed off that they wouldn't
> donate. I guess MRZine has deeper pockets--or just doesn't give a shit
> about what most leftists think.

Sorry, Lou, but I don't think this is so much a defense of
Ahmadinejad as an accurate analysis of the true cause for US policy
toward Iran and in keeping with Hermann's commentaries on Yugoslavia
and Milosevic.  I listen to NPR almost every day and almost every day
the lead story is "Iran's nuclear program."  Is that REALLY the most
important story out there, or is someone manipulating the news to
serve the interests of Israel?  And if you REALLY want to hear rabid
anti-Iranian talk, listen to the right wing talk shows.  Am I to
believe that these constant and concerted efforts are NOT coordinated
by the Israeli lobby?  Why are liberals so pissed off at Hermann and
not at NPR?