Lou wrote:

>  Ruth Fischer gave a speech at a gathering of
> right-wing students where she echoed fascist themes:
>
> "Whoever cries out against Jewish capital...is already a fighter
> for his class, even though he may not know it. You are against the
> stock market jobbers. Fine. Trample the Jewish capitalists down,
> hang them from the lampposts...But...how do you feel about the big
> capitalists, the Stinnes, Klockner?...Only in alliance with
> Russia, Gentlemen of the "folkish" side, can the German people
> expel French capitalism from the Ruhr region."

Thanks Lou for this.  I only knew vaguely about Ruth Fischer, but this
comment of hers is truly shocking. There was an article by Heinrich Brandler
in the NLR way back in the 70s that said if I recall correctly that the
German Communist Paerty was never as strong as it appeared and that in
effect it was "Moscow gold" that enabled them to put up a good show in terms
of newspapers, publications etc.

Certainly if one looks at the above quote then can really begin to doubt the
theoretical strength of the KPD.

regards

Gary