On Mar 10, 2010, at 9:49 PM, New Tet wrote:

>> Radek's lunacy struck a chord with the German Communist
>> ultraleftists...
>
> This feeds my long-held paranoia that there was a bit of anti-
> Semitism in
> Stalin and his cohorts
> especially during their conspiracy against Trotsky.

You are more than a bit right about Stalin's anti-Semitism.  But Radek
was not one of "Stalin's cohorts--he was very much a wild card, and in
1921-1922 he mainly aligned himself with Zinoviev.  However, in 1923
he sided with the "Moscow"" (pro-Trotsky) Opposition and remained
aligned with Trotsky until 1928 when he was the first to follow the
"Leningrad Opposition" (Zinoviev and Kamenev) in their capitulation to
Stalin.  He served Stalin as a journalist until the Moscow Trials when
he was "convicted" and murdered by GULAG rather than by execution.

Shane Mage