And do you think that revolution was a "product of correct ideas"?  Of his
pontification on dialectics?

And his opening to the west in 1972?  Correct idea?  Correct practice?
Correct dialectic?
The Cultural Revolution?  Correct idea?  Correct practice?  Correct
dialectic?
The Great Leap Forward?  Correct idea?  Correct practice?  Correct
dialectic?

Uncritical support of Sukharno in Indonesia, disarming, more or less,
communists in Indonesia prior to the Suharto coup?  Correct idea?  Corect
practice?  Correct dialectic?

Consciousness being transformed into matter?  A universe of change?  Geez, I
can't think of any more effective way to rob Marx's dialectic of its
strength, its specificity in analyzing the concrete social relations of
production, than by turning it into a metaphysical philosophy of universal
change, which of course is a philosophy of the abstract incapable of dealing
with the concrete-- or, short version, turning it into an ideology.

In the meantime, FRB has released its Beige Book at:
http://www.federalreserve.gov/fomc/beigebook/2010/20100414/default.htm

My take:  treading water while waiting for the levee to break.