On 22.04.10 00:35, Dan wrote:

<snip>

> In Sate and Revolution, Lenin is engaged in countering both
> Social-Democratic AND "anti-authoritarian" views. This two-prong aspect
> is present throughout the text. He endeavours to find out Marx's views
> on the State by examining his writings. In doing so, Lenin correctly
> states that Marx considered the State to be a mechanism, brought about
> by the material relationships of production, for a certain class to
> exploit another. He then goes on to argue that the State apparatus must
> be taken over because it cannot be destroyed until the specific mode of
> production has not been superseeded with another.

I'm sorry - the second statement simply isn't true. Lenin followed Marx
in believing that the capoitalist state had to be destroyed. He also
followed Marx in believing that the capitalist state had to be replaced
by a proletarian state during the period of transition that Marx and
Engels had dubbed the "dictatorship of the proletariat".

I begin to suspect that Dan has never read Lenin's State and Revolution
(nor the wordks by Marx and Engels that are the basis of the exposition
in S&R) and is relying on inaccurate summaries by opponents, otherwise
whe wouldn't make such glaring errors.

Einde O'Callaghan