Fascinating posting by Artesian.

So since 2009, productivity has gone up by 6%. Doubtless this is due to
the numerous lay offs, which mean that less wrokers are working harder
(they are afraid of being sacked) to do the work that their former
colleagues did.

Under such circumstances, there is no reason for bosses to employ more
workers. The labour market favours the employers. No end to high
unemployment in sight yet.

And of course the reserve army will always be there waiting to be
mobilized as soon as business picks up. But in the meantime, wages will
be kept to a bare minimum. No major wage increases in sight either.

But what of Capitalists' profits ? How will they realize all this social
surplus they are extracting ? How can this social labour realize its
social value ? I was under the impression that financial markets were
jittery at the moment, what with all this talk of sovereign nations
being on the verge of default.
As I know you are all into this kind of thing, could you please tell me,
Artesian, where you think the next major investment opportunities lie ?
I would love to impress my comrades by displaying my mastery of the
intricacies of the circulation of Capital.