In a message dated 5/19/2010 3:04:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
_tomc...@gmail.com_ (mailto:tomc...@gmail.com)  writes:

Yeah, but isn't this "post-industrial" concept a widely held precept subtly
 promoted by certain bourgois apologists, akin to us living in a new trendy
 "postmodern" world where things are different and the old contradictions
passe  and more amelitorated from the bad old days.  I remember first hearing
 "post-industrial" in my Sociology 101 class I took in 1974.

Comment

One thing for certain, our society is not in transition from economic,
social and political feudalism and manufacture, powered by the industrial
revolution, as was the case during the life of Marx and the Soviet Revolution.
How one chooses to describe America today is the source of much
controversy.  The revolution in the means of production does not change the
contradiction that is the bourgeois property relations or the wage labor form.
Rather, society begins its leap to a new mode of production.

WL.