Read the article, Lou, and I don't think you are coming to grips with
central point: that in playing the game of 'realpolitik,'
indeed, the Bolsheviks were exactly participating in something
equivalent to the independence of India, or Nasser's colonel's
revolution: a pseudo-independent national bourgeoisie that
achieved and maintains power at the expense of a social revolution,
AND is recuperated, sooner rather than later, in the everday
circuits of accumulation.

No matter how 'electrifying' such nationalism appears, in the
beginning and in the end the price is paid by independent organ-
ization of the working class.

Ask yourself, what's the difference between this strategy in Turkey
and the strategy of the 3rd International in China through 1927?
All sentimentality aside, why would you support the former when you oppose the
latter?

Not speaking for my friend Loren, here, just myself.