I'm gratified to read of this groups disassociation from the killings.  If
they share this belief that "the effects of this murder were greatly
underestimated at the time."  It was not a view shared by many of us who
understood the dynamic of what the authorities would make of the killings as
soon as they happened.

Finally, the implication that the murders were intended to destroy "the
spirit of revolt" is groundless and meaningless.  We can't discern the
motives of unknown perpetrators.

These things have happened in our past again and again, while those who warn
against the futility of such acts are just as regularly maligned.  Would
that the lesson not have to be repeated, and would actually just be learned.

ML