Just returned from the demo in San Francisco.

Started at noon in front of the -of course closed- Israeli consulate,
then moved on.

There were three demos called for, it seems.  The Free Gaza one at the
consulate, another by Jewish Voices for Peace, and one by ANSWER.

The three merged at the intersection of Powell and Market Sts.   It was
hard to gauge the turnout due to the tourist crowds waiting for the
cable car*, but it was easily over 200, maybe closer to 300, at 1 pm.
The crowd was generally animated, and I was pleased to see that even
though many of the usual suspects were there, the signs and message were
very clearly on point.

A small group of counterdemonstrators set up shop across the street,
with Israeli flags.  Of course this handfull - I counted 8- will get as
much or more time on the news tonight as the many times larger crowd
condemning the attack on the flotilla.

- Juan

*For those unfamiliar with the city, Market is the main cross-town
avenue, passing through downtown and the financial district; Powell is
the location of a subway station and the start of the popular cable car
route through Chinatown and to Fisherman's Wharf.